[TR] TR4 question

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 29 08:25:21 MST 2017

I believe the switch was made when TR4A's were introduced based solely on
reviewing the applicable wiring diagrams and observation over the years.
http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr24a.pdf

It would be pretty easy to convert a 4 to a 4A two speed with a 4A motor and
switch. Also avoid the aftermarket wheel boxes and wiper arms but
particularly the wheel boxes. With the slightest resistance to wiper action
the serrated attachment will strip and the wiper arm will fly off at the
worst possible moment. I've taken to using aluminum foil to shim between the
arm and attachment to gain a tighter fit. My experience and shared by a few
others that I know.
JVV