[TR] Can I use jb weld to fix an aluminum bracket to an aluminum g rill.

JW jay_welch at juno.com
Sun Dec 17 12:23:24 MST 2017

Hello List, A friend of mine's father was a top notch mechanic who ran the repair shop for a large Boston based uniform company back in the 50s, 60s and 70s.  He once told us that he would sometimes use unconventional practices to keep the fleet on the road until new parts were delivered.  One of those situations was when a truck would spin a bearing and score the journals.  He would carefully clean the journals, rough the area up with emery cloth and apply Bondo to fill the scores.  He'd then clean them up with emery cloth and reinstall the caps.  He said he was always surprised at how long that bodge would hold up. Best to all this holiday season,Jay in Carver MA

Message: 1