[TR] heater valve on block tr-3

Kinderlehrer kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Mon Dec 4 11:23:01 MST 2017

I had the same issue with my TR2000 roadster. Tried flushing the engine while I had the radiator out for re-coring. I got a good flow through the heater valve, but nothing through the block drain. With the valve in or out, no amount of digging would free up the blockage. I ended up taking a plug, drilling a hole through it and taping it. I then took a tire valve, removed the bottom part of the rubber, exposing the tube which I then threaded and screwed into the plug (I think I used an O ring to help seal it). Ninety lbs of air pressure applied through the tire valve dislodged the blockage with a resounding pop, then I flushed with water both ways.

Bob