[TR] heater valve on block tr-3

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Dec 4 11:06:36 MST 2017

If the block was in such bad shape, think what might be in the heater core.  When I had my car apart I tried flushing the core.  There was so much junk in there I had to flush forwards and backwards, inverting the heater and banking it.  After a rather prolonged session I got most of it out but there is still stuff in there.  The design of this is tailor-made to capture junk.  Both connections are on top and the heavier stuff just stays.

I Don't expect to do an effective job in situ.  You need to manipulate the core to thoroughly flush it.

Dave Massey