[TR] TR2/3 wire wheel adapters - frightening experience.

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 15:51:19 MDT 2017

I had this happen on my Healey 100 a couple times (I felt it as loose before wheel came off, right rear on the Healey ISTR), no issues with other wire wheel cars I have had including an MGB GT and TR4A.

It almost seems like some combinations of nuts,hubs and studs don't tend to stay tight as well as others, but certainly something it pays to check each time you have the wheels off (or periodically if you don't pull them much).

Greg Lemon
TR250