[TR] Solenoid grommet?

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 16:49:53 MDT 2017

Hello all!

A glorious summer for LBC driving!

Both my 1974 TR6 and my '59 TR3A have A-type overdrives.
In each case, the bottom of the solenoid has a rubber "grommet"
above the actuating lever, at the bottom of the "piston." And, in
each case, the rubber grommet has turned into a 'potato chip' and
disintegrated on contact. I would love to replace this grommet but
it isn't sold as a separate piece, that I can see. It seems to function
to keep road 'stuff' out of the solenoid.

Anyone ever replaced this rubber piece? If so, what did you use
for a replacement piece?

Thanks for any feedback....

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/triumphs/attachments/20170816/8656d567/attachment.html>

More information about the Triumphs mailing list