[TR] Wheel Spacers?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Apr 20 01:29:39 MDT 2017

> It's been years since I looked and payed attention, but won't the

> longer studs just press out and then be replaced with shorter studs?

Not that easy on the solid axle TR2-4A.  The rear studs screw in, and then
get peened (spread like a rivet) to lock them into the hole.  PITA to get
back out.

It's much easier to follow the factory recommendation, which was to just cut
off the excess length.  They used a hacksaw but a grinder plus abrasive
cutoff wheel is easier :)

The big advantage of Joe's spacers is that you can fit wire wheels for show,
and then easily revert back to steel (or alloy) wheels for everyday driving.
The wires look great, but some people (like me) feel they are less practical
than bolt-on wheels.

-- Randall