[TR] tr-3 rear motor bearing

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Mon Apr 17 15:14:32 MDT 2017

When I rebuild my engine last year I bought the Viton seal, I used Permatex Ultimate red I think. I cut the felt into about 1+ inch pieces, and then kneaded the Permatex into the felt, major mess on my fingers. Dave Hogye loaned me a screwdriver he'd ground to fit the channel, and I tapped each strip down in place, to the point I had Permatex oozing out in places. It worked great, and there are no oil drips.

Doing it after the fact from below, that's gonna be interesting.

Rye
1960 TR3A

Sent from my iPad