[TR] TR3/4 Liner Height Protrusion

JERRY GOULET jerrann at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 17 07:16:26 MDT 2017

We are replacing the pistons and liners in my TR4 block. The protrusion of the liners above the block deck allowed is 0.003 to 0.005. With the steel figure 8 gasket supplied, the protrusion is 0.003, which is the minimum. If we change the gasket to a copper one then the protrusion becomes 0.007, which would be too high by 0.002. Obviously the copper gasket is thicker by 0.004.
My question is has anyone experienced this ? Will the copper gasket crush down once the head is torqued ? I prefer to use copper, but will it cause problems with the extra 0.002 height ?
Thanks, Jerry