[TR] Cheers!

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 09:21:25 MDT 2017

On 4/16/17 6:09 AM, TERRY SMITH wrote:

> In 1985 had a Zenith PC clone and MS WORD version 1.  Loaded it from
> the one 5 and a half inch floppy drive, took out the disk and inserted
> the floppy to write to.  Given I wrote my first book on a 1918
> Underwood, I remain amazed to this day I can change page 25 of 274
> without having anymore to retype all of them!

And MS Word for the Mac fit on a 400K floppy. The first external hard
drive was 5 Meg which seemed a lot of memory space at the time. When the
first 20 Meg hard drive came out I wondered what anyone would do with
all that memory. Now days a printer driver takes up more space.  I
waited until the memory price dropped to just under $500 show special
for a Meg of RAM to max out my 128K Mac to 1 Meg.

TeriAnn
61 TR3A, owned since 1986, The new car
60 Land Rover dormobile, owned since 1978