[TR] Leaking Stromberg

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Apr 13 05:36:02 MDT 2017

Check the bore on the float bowl.  There may be some old, dried O-ring stuck there.  Or corrosion.  O-rings can't seal against that sort of thing.

The best solution is to find some float bowls from a late model MGB or TR7.  They are not even bored and, hence, no chance of leaking.  (Note: get the screws, too, since their lengths are different.)

Dave Massey