[TR] What am I missing

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net
Sun Apr 9 22:09:22 MDT 2017

ahhh.... wrong alternator!

There are a bunch of Bosch and GM units that have two ears (not one wide
one) and the top/bottom positions are not at 6 and 12 o'clock, rather 12
and 8 or 12 and 4

a couple examples...... (granted a Midget, a MGB and a GT6)
http://www.teglerizer.com/alternator/index.html
<http://www.teglerizer.com/alternator/index.html>seems to be the type of
info you're using

what you need is something along the lines of
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-TR6-TR8-TR250-SPITFIRE-Alternator-Bosch-75-Amp-Generator-Direct-Fit-/282369252394?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

This Bosch style even uses the Lucas alternator plug  for the wiring harness

you can also get GM CS130 units with this 'side ear' style mounts that
fit beautifully. There is a guy on EBay as well that swaps out the
serpentine belt and mounts correct v belt pulleys

ptegler

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net www.teglerizer.com