[TR] [Wedge] coil questions

Benjamin Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 06:53:15 MDT 2017

Sujit,

Coil technology hasn't changed dramatically, but I'd get new one regardless
as the insulation may be degraded in a 40 year old coil causing it to
perform poorly or fail.  They're cheap and you don't want to spend time
troubleshooting only to find out the 40 year old coil is dodgy.

I can't argue with your math, but in my experience coils are typically sold
as 12V or 6V or "internally ballasted" or not.  You want a 12V or
"internally ballasted" coil if you're removing the external ballast
resistor.

Ben...

--
Ben Zwissler