[TR] coil questions

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Apr 5 06:38:41 MDT 2017

The usual culprits are coil failure is heat amd vibration.  "Spiking" the coil during starting lasts such a short period that it presents no real stress to the coil.  Cars have started just fine (usually) before they devised the ballasted coil with bypass system and is less complicated but I see no reason to go to extra effort to undo such a system that is already in place.  IOW, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Dave Massey