[TR] J type overdrive questions

Sujit Roy triumphstag at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 13:09:37 MDT 2017

I'm stripping down a J type overdrive

My plan was to only replace the O rings but after finding some bits at the
bottom of the filter cover, I decided to strip it down further.

The bits that I found are breaking off the outside of the cone clutch. The
inside material of the cone clutch is is good shape.  I am not sure what
this does, but is this an integral part of the cone or do I need to look
for a new cone?

One of the gears in the planet carrier assembly is rocking from side to
side.  It looks like I need to get another assembly.

Can the carriers be disassembled?

Also notice that the cone assembly is making a groove in the case. What's
going on here?

I have photos here.

*https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOzam_EJGbRggiszfc_pNgPj53poWqSis4NlRVs
<https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipOzam_EJGbRggiszfc_pNgPj53poWqSis4NlRVs>*