[TR] tr3a belt

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Apr 2 10:32:59 MDT 2017

I've been running the cogged belts for a long time, with both generator and
alternator.  I like them, especially if it becomes necessary to change a
belt on the side of the road.  Seem to last longer than the old solid belts,
too (tho still not forever).

I had recently changed the belt when I did my most recent alternator
conversion, so I reused it.  It's not the one from NAPA, I bought some
Goodyear brand belts (P/N 24377) on close out from eBay; but they are
probably similar.  I've also used Gates and Cummins in the past with good
results (tho the Cummins belt was not worth the price I paid for it IMO).

As you can hopefully see here https://goo.gl/4OiM8N it does ride a bit lower
in the pulleys than the stock belt.  (That is a stock generator pulley,
slightly modified to fit the alternator.)  Seems to work fine, though.

Randall