[TR] radiator, fan and what else

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Sat Apr 1 16:49:32 MDT 2017

Afternoon all

Well I finally got off my a$$ and pulled the nose of the '3.  Pictures are here.....

https://www.facebook.com/davidt50/posts/10154286667006960

and the rad is out and going off to the shop to be repaired/rebuilt.  With the nose off there is opportunity to do 'stuff'.  So far the generator is coming out for an alternator and -ve ground conversion.  My next enquiry include the following:

-          Rad fan, ok I have lived with the stock and ugh :( I have a pusher fan on the rad but can the stock on be removed altogether?  Or do I need to get a elimination kit? Or get something else?

-          The steering box is all greased up, I think there is probably more on the outside than inside, any suggestions on sealing?

-          Something else?  She has had maybe 2500miles on a fresh engine and then "stored" for 12years.   So all fluids are going to be replaced, anything else to look for?

Like others, the body shop that did the paint and body assembly used about 60% of the bolts.  Some were hand tight.   And this drivers side was 7/16" and the passenger is all ½"   Oh the fun and joy.

regards
David Templeton
Tr3a & Spitsix, hitting the road this summer?