[TR] TR3 Tires

Bill Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 22:31:33 MDT 2016

     The TR3A needs new tires. I see Vee brand tires, Nankang tires, Nexen
tires, all questionable off brands. Tirerack.com has "Classic" brand tires.
I have Michelin 165-15's on the car now and have generally been happy with
them. I ran Vredesteins before. I see Vreds on Ebay for $117 with free
shipping. Coker has 165-15 Michelins, but man are they pricey. I had hoped
to find Kumhos. I have them on my TR6 and they have been great. Any other
tire sources out there? Should I upgrade to another tire size?

     I had a neighbor with a TR3 and he was running Cooper Metrics on his
car.

     My car is running Dayton SS wire wheels without tubes.

     TIA,

     -Bill in Tehachapi