[TR] TR2/TR3 Brake Problem

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Mon Sep 19 20:23:38 MDT 2016

Just to amplify Randall's comments - if the piston can't return to
the very bottom of its stroke in the master cylinder, it blocks the
hole allowing the pressure to be released from the wheels.  If it's
close, the problem can be very intermittent.  If the rod between the
brake pedal and the master cylinder can be shortened a little, try
that.  Make sure the pedal doesn't bind, etc.  Anything that prevents
the return to the bottom will be a problem.  I'm not fully versed
in  the TR2 specific master cylinder, but all master cylinders
operate similarly.

In a related story, my dad (uncle jack) had a 52 chevy pickup where
this problem occurred.  It turned out that the relief hole which
allows the pressure release was not drilled all the way
through.  Truck had that issue from new.

Regards, Tony