[TR] carb synchronizers

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Tue Sep 13 07:48:50 MDT 2016

I've never used anything else except a piece of hose and me lug'ole.

When I did my apprenticeship at Jaguar in the early 60's I well remember all
the guys in engine assembly, final finish road test and the Service
Department used the same kit on triple SU XK engines. One of the older hands
was stone deaf but he used to lick the end of his thumb, hold it over the
air intake and judge the 'coldness' of the air passing over it. Every engine
he did idled perfectly and throttle response was brilliant. The other guy in
Road Test was the 'ace' for duff ignition systems. He was a Jamaican on the
car wash and whenever a car had an ignition prob, he'd take off his rubber
boots, wet the soles of his feet, spit on both hands and grab plug bodies
and HT leads to verify which wasn't working as it should. He was rarely
wrong, even though he had rather too many epileptic seizures to drive a car.
Am I surprised???????????????

Jonmac