[TR] High Torque Starters

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Sep 4 06:19:37 MDT 2016

What is the torque values for those bolts?

I'll bet no one knows.  Too much and you'll strip the threads.  Too loose and they will loosen up.  Without proper torquing the only reliable way to keep them tight is with lock washers or Loctite(R).  Pick your poison.

BTW, after four years the starter on the TR6 has had no such issues.  Yet.

Dave Massey