[TR] Insurance question

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 07:33:03 MDT 2016

I have Hagerty and am quite confident they will come through for me should
the need arise.

For many years I had the antique rider on a State Farm policy but when
(after 40+ years) I at last had a claim (car hit in a motel parking lot
overnight, other driver did not stick around) they were awful to deal
with.  They had no real understanding of collector cars and couldn't even
come up with an adjuster who spoke Spanish (to communicate with the shop).

They low-balled the estimate with the expectation that the shop would then
haggle with them until the appropriate amount was reached.  I thought the
language barrier would be okay once I got an adjuster with a Latina name -
but she was many generations removed from any ancestors who spoke Spanish.
In the end the car got fixed but I dropped all my State farm coverage soon
thereafter.

Geo