[TR] Insurance question

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:02:35 MDT 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Wbeech at flash.net <wbeech at flash.net> wrote:
> I have Hagerty Ins [...] ISTR they don't care as much about when/where you are driving as much as the mileage, I think my limit is 2,000.

>From the Hagery FAQ:

Our policy is a flexible, limited use policy. We do not, however,
limit you to just show and club use. Occasional pleasure driving fits
our underwriting guidelines, but our policy is not intended for
vehicles regularly driven to work or school or for running errands. We
look for usage that is consistent with owning a valuable automobile
and the availability of insured regular-use vehicles for daily
transportation. While the average mileage generally put on a collector
vehicle is approximately 2,000-3,000 miles annually, our policy
language does not state a specific mileage limitation.

This limited, flexible use policy includes coverage for pleasure
driving. That may mean taking your family out to dinner, out for ice
cream or on an enjoyable Sunday cruise, for example. Taking the
vehicle once in a blue moon to work to show it off is acceptable as
well. We ask that you as the owner of a collectible vehicle make the
decisions that are right for your situations.  We have not had a
problem with our clients abusing the privilege of flexible usage, so
we are able to continue without the strict guidelines that some of our
competitors may have. We would prefer that you do not take the vehicle
to high-risk parking lots, such as the gym or the mall.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/ask-hagerty/what-is-limited-use

So no limit, except common sense.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.