[TR] tr4 zenith link rod assembly length

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:07:10 MDT 2016

I'm finally getting my original carbs back on the 63 TR4.

Joe Curto machined the bodies of the carbs and fitted throttle shaft
bushings to them and turned them in less than a week.  Very happy with the
results and personalized service.

I got the rebuild kits from him as well and completed the rebuild after
company left Sunday afternoon.

I'm rummaging through my boxes and could only find the center linkages and
the short link.   I could not find my long link rod assembly or the bell
crank.

A friend of mine is parting out a couple of TR4 that were too far gone to
restore and had a TR4 link arm and the more important bell crank and bolt.

It appears far too long. Maybe my accelerator throttle linkage is too far
forward?  (I put a block to hold the pedal in the correct location relative
to the other pdeals for the picture).   Do I have the wrong link rod?
Both ends are adjusted as far in as possible.

Just wanted your thoughts before I bang the pins out of the accelerator
linkage.

 Thanks Chris