[TR] Ring Gear Bolts/Flywheel Bolts

William Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 10:41:19 MST 2016

     I am preparing to bolt the ring gear onto a newly lightened TR3 flywheel. I am thinking of using the special bolts sold by Moss. My question is: Should I use tab washers to lock the bolts on? I could use lockwashers and Loctite Blue and get better results, I think. Any nuggets of wisdom out there?     Likewise, I have the original flywheel to crankshaft bolts. I could upgrade to the fancy ARP 12 point bolts that Moss sells, but it is probably not necessary on a Standard Vanguard street engine. I think on my last TR3 rebuild I just used lockwashers. Again, Moss sells tab washers to lock it on, but I think that lockwashers and Loctite Blue should be fine. Is the added expense of ARP bolts worth it? Any hidden dangers of re-using the original bolts?     Yesterday my car lift got delivered. I have spend the last 45 years of my life laying underneath cars working. I bought a MaxJax from Costco. It was on sale for $1799 delivered. Took a while to get it though. MaxJax Portable Car Lift - Home Garage Lift - Dannmar - MaxJax USA .

|   |
| MaxJax Portable Car Lift - Home Garage Lift - Dannmar - ...The MaxJax Lifting System is a Portable Two Post Lift that gives you the ability to make quick repairs, then store the lift out of the way when not in use. It's an ... |
|  |
| View on www.maxjaxusa.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

     TIA,
     Bill Brewer     Tehachapi, CA
     1952 Triumph Renown     1953 Morgan +4     1960 Triumph TR3A     1974 Triumph TR6