[TR] Velcro Recommendations - NOT

Pete Arakelian arakelianp at mossmotors.com
Tue Mar 1 12:22:45 MST 2016

Why not used what is designed for the purpose, veltex snaps?
They are designed to snap to a male snap, as used to hold a tonneau down.  They are a two piece fastener, one piece goes through the top of the carpet, has spikes to hold to the second piece on the bottom that forms the female half.  The top half becomes invisible when the carpet is brushed over/around it.  I use these in my TR6 at the head of the floor carped on the firewall.  Work great, hold fast, easy to snap on and off.
Moss number is 226-338 for the veltex ring & spike, 226-800 for an example of the male snap; just for reference, not being pushy...
Peter Arakelian - 1971 TR6