[TR] Race Pic from the fifties!!

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Wed Jan 27 18:52:35 MST 2016

My apologies if you are getting this for the umpteenth time but the IT gods are against me today.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

Thought I’d share some fun pictures from the fifties that surfaced while looking for something else, of course.

I was exposed to the excitement of racing at an early age. When I was seven we took our one and only (we were poor farm folk) family vacation to Yellowstone NP (see my bear t-shirt) and stopped in Powell WY to see my cousins (the old guys) and they ran a gas station/garage. They raced these jalopies at the local fair grounds every Friday night.

I’m the little guy squinting between the two cars.

This was back when you took the pictures in the summer time and didn’t get them developed until October. And probably only when my Mom sold some eggs and cream and could afford it.