[TR] Space saver spare - wire wheel - crazy idea?

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 07:17:56 MST 2016

My tr4 has wire wheels.  I really like the space saver spare in my TR6
trunk.

I have several spare wire wheels at my disposal. So........

I was thinking about milling out the center of a space saver spare and
welding in the center of a wire wheel.

I have access to a presicion CNC milling machine to bore the hole  and
could turn a lip on the wire wheel center to make sure all is centralized.

Any thoughts or warnings?   Do I just have too much time on my hands?

All the best,  Chris

54 TR2LD  (needs new interior installed - but too much fun to drive)
63 TR4 (actually ready to go anywhere)
69 TR6 (patiently waiting)
73 TR6 (in paint prep process)