[TR] A BBC researcher screws up

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 10:38:11 MST 2016

Terryi have a story that always seem to keep conversation going with non car people.3 or 4 years ago i turned wrenches on a land speed record attempt at Bonneville.my friends son ran a 50cc supercharged motorcycle with side car running fuel.could never get the supercharger to work properly so while it was installed and therefore met the rules for having a supercharger, it never gave any boost.truth is there was an open category and all we had to do was make 2 passes and we were world land speed record holders.we made 2 passes.official team statement says "while we did set the world land speed record we failed to make the 200mph we had hoped for".
even the least educated on cars can keep up with this fun story.
Frank