[TR] Wire Rim Maintenance

James Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 16:48:32 MST 2016

I used chrome wheel cleaner from local parts place on my Jag chrome wires
and it worked fantastic!  I also used a larger wheel brush with long
bristles. So much easier than the toothbrush or shoelace method.  My wheels
were dirty from long time storage and looked like aluminum instead of
chrome.  The chrome wheel cleaner was more than worth the 7 or 8 bucks.  Had
my own pressure washer but I don't think you need it with this cleaner.  I
didn't blast close up.  I used a micro fiber and my fingers in between all
of the spokes for a final finish.  Worked great!  Regarding lube, I cleaned
the spline areas of the dried up grease with a wire brush and relubed with
standard grease.  But I am in Florida too.
Jim Henningsen
Ocala, FL
62 TR4
73 Jag E Type