[TR] TR6 convertible top questions

Creig Houghtaling creig555 at live.com
Sun Feb 14 11:02:10 MST 2016

My friend just bought a 76 TR6.  On this car, the top attaches differently than my 74.  On my 74 the rear of the top where it connects to the body (just below the back window) was permanently connected to the body.  With this 76, the top snaps to the body.  Is this the way it was done in 76?  Or has a previous owner changed the connection?

He is considering changing the black vinyl top on this 76 to tan.  I see Moss sells a StayFast tan.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Good? Bad?  Are there other types/brands/vendors he might consider for comparison?

Creig Houghtaling
St. Louis, MO
314-401-7817