[TR] In a word,which top? - experience

Peter Arakelian peterara at msn.com
Sun Feb 7 08:44:38 MST 2016

I have had a Robbins stayfast top on my TR6 for many years.  In short I love it!  first it is always easier to put up than the vinyl was, fits snug.  Second yes, it will stretch with time, but the important thing is it should be left up for a week after first installed.  Third it lasts longer and looks a lot better.
The Velcro is original to the tops.  Yes it does need to be loosened a few times during final raising and of course lowering, but that is not a real problem.
The zipper rattle?  Well you could tie a small fishing weight to them.
Lastly, if you run with the top down a lot, with half tonneau, or use your tonneau a lot, I would highly recommend getting a stayfast tonneau, too.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver