[TR] TR4A Soft Top Installation

ptegler ptegler at verizon.net
Sat Dec 31 13:17:02 MST 2016

Agreed!!!  VERY good advise (Dave mentions here)

I've installed tops 'warm' and yes...great for wrinkle reductions and
taut fit.... BUT... ALL tops will shrink a bit. so installing them
WARM.... be warned, when cold, and a couple years from now... they will
be REAL tight trying to put them up.

I wouldn't install them COLD either.  For me.... the happy medium has
been 60-70 degrees.

might I suggest the following:
..install but with clothes pins/clips only.  Pull it taut and adjust as
needed to get it smooth without overly tight. Let it sit a day/two. It
will stretch a bit (flatten out) Then adjust as desired, and install and
fasten as per instructions.

BTDT... ten+ years on one in paritcular now,  and it still goes up
without issue and the window edges (at your shoulder) still snap on
easily and STAYS snapped as designed.

ymmv    ;-)

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net www.teglerizer.com