[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 9, Issue 281

anabil007 anabil007 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 14 18:38:57 MST 2016

I have theory on switching gauges, British autos are designed for right hand drive, in order to see the "critical" gauges, oil pressure, temperature, a slight glance to the Left make it easy to read.

Now knowing Brits are notoriously lazy, to redesign the Left hand cars and move the "critical" gauges and just leave them behind the steering wheel would
be the easiest way and be less work.

That being said, I moved mine to the right side, much easier to scan while driving. Concours correct in jeopardy, I vote for safer driving, besides 98% of SCCA Judges would have no idea the gauges would be incorrect.

Just Saying ...

Bill Pugh
Wallace, CA