[TR] Stag Quit at Speed - wrap-up

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:34:18 MDT 2016

It turns out that the battery was toast but the alternator is good. Having
replaced the battery, it was not showing a recharge to 14.2 volts or so
while reving the engine to about 2500, so I assumed the alternator was
gone. But, lo and behold, the wire from alternator to the power post on the
starter had parted! ( I had moved the alt. to the LH side to make room for
the external belt-driven water pump.)
Probably a sloppy connector attachment by yours truly.
So, once I fixed up a new connection all is well! I can put off upgrading
the alternator for another day.
Thanks to you all for your help.
John