[TR] Stag quit at speed

hdrider570 at att.net hdrider570 at att.net
Sun Aug 21 10:22:03 MDT 2016

It certainly sounds like a bad alternator.  You should check to see what
the voltage is with the motor running and the battery precharged to
normal voltage.  It should be in  the 13 to 14 volt range.

I have a known good Sag alternator sitting in the shed if you want to
try one.  I live in Petaluma which is pretty close.

I did have a problem in the past with one of the pins in the alternator
plug pushing back into the plug housing thereby not making contact with
the connection in the alternator.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma Ca