[TR] Stag quit at speed

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 20:06:57 MDT 2016

On 8/20/16 1:46 PM, Lee&John Howard wrote:
> Thanks all
>
> But does a bad battery explain the car quitting going 65 after being
> on the road for 15 minutes?  Not to mention that the battery is less
> than 6 months old, and hardly driven at all.
Never forget that electrical and ignition system symptoms are basically
the same.  but in this case 8 volts on the battery is pretty much a
giveaway.

Have you checked all battery, alternator and their respective ground
connection at both ends to assure proper tight clean connections?? Is
there a wire between the alternator case and chassis ground? Bad
connections, esp overlooked ground connections can do you in if you only
pay attention to the hot side of the circuit.  This is why I replaced
the ammeter on both of my cars with a volt meter gauge.  It would have
told you if the charge was low or non existent. Never discount a new
battery.  They have been known to fail.

TeriAnn

--
Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>