[TR] Stag quit at speed

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 11:56:13 MDT 2016

Was giving the Stag its first serious road test today - it failed!  Engine
quit at about 60 and everything went dead. On the shoulder ( of CA101 north
of SF at rush hour - fun) and engine would not turn and hazard lights wold
not flash.

Could this be anything else but the alternator going dead causing the
battery to totally  discharge?   I just tested by charging the battery,
then starting the car. I turned on all the fans ,lights and radio, then
waited just a few minutes and the engine shit down. Battery voltage now
under 8 volts.

Must be the alternator, right?

John Howard