[TR] Sabrina Engines?

William Brewer billbrewer59 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 12:34:15 MDT 2016

     So in my TR3 compendium book it shows the TR3A LeMans cars with their Sabrina DOHC engines. Very little data is provided. I was just wondering, does anyone know if the short block of the Sabrina engines is the same as the stock TR3A block with a custom head or were they custom blocks as well? I have access to laser scanning, CAD and 5-axis milling. I was wondering if a guy could laser scan a Sabrina head, get it cast and then 5-axis machine it and shoehorn it under the bonnet of a TR3A. If it was possible, someone would have probably already did it.     Does anyone know if a hot TR3 cam would have worked in a Sabrina or if it was some custom cam size/length? It seems like Triumph would have raided the parts bins for parts rather than get too sophisticated.
     Does anyone know if an original Sabrina engine still exists? I suspect that they don't exist anymore.     Does anyone know how many Sabrina engines were made?     Just random musings of a madman who should be working at his job, but is bored.
     -Bill Brewer      Tehachapi, CA