[TR] The story (drags on) continues

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Apr 18 18:14:59 MDT 2016

> If one gets a "hard" pedal and it then goes away.. THERE IS
> an air leak. Either the MC or slave or some where in between...

I've not had the pleasure, but couldn't a thrust washer problem (as suggested by MJB) cause the same symptom?  With the engine
stopped, and the crank pushed as far forward as it will go (without the missing TW half), you could get a hard pedal.  Then when the
engine is started, the crank wanders back to the rear and compresses the clutch slave.  After that, stepping on the pedal causes the
crank to move, rather than operating the clutch.

A similar issue can happen with a broken taper pin.  Sometimes the broken end catches, sometimes it doesn't.

Ditto for a MC piston that doesn't reliably return all the way (broken spring inside).

Randall