[TR] Springs

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Apr 11 10:13:20 MDT 2016

> I'm planning to change some shocks in my 45 year old Triumph
> Stag. Does it make sense to buy new springs? The car has done
> about 60 k miles.

How's your rear camber?  If they still support the car, I'd keep them.  But if they sag, replace.

Coil (and leaf) springs seem to have wildly varied lifetimes, so it's hard to say how much life your springs have left.  Replacement
springs are also dubious, IMO, may be too stiff (or not stiff enough) or short-lived.  So your 45 year old originals may actually
last longer from now, than new replacements would.  Or not.

Randall