[TR] TR4 road draft tube plug

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Mon Sep 7 14:52:48 MDT 2015

Well, I bought the vented cap when I bought the valve cover from TSI. It has a hole on the top, but who knows how much it's really venting.  I have roller rockers installed so I need the extra room.

No, the draft hole is still plugged.

A mechanic once told me that is you take the valve cover cap off when running, then put a shop rag over it you should only see a little deflection. When I did it to my car it went up 3-4 inches. That was my big clue that I needed more venting.

All PVC valves are different and each handles different volumes. Some have springs that only actuate with a pressure differential. I don’t know about the GP PVC valve but you might look around for another. They're cheap.