[TR] TR2/3 A type OD question

Rochlin Robert rrochlin at comcast.net
Wed Sep 2 10:42:11 MDT 2015

Angelo,
In rebuilding my engine I found that the timing chain cover was a bit misshapen and I couldn’t get a good seal.  I resorted to Permatex Right Stuff.  It fills irregularities, assembles with no wait time, and does not leave the “scabs" that most silicone sealers produce that can slough off and block critical engine passages. I’ve pretty much used it to replace any gaskets I don’t have handy on parts assembly and use a thin coat on each side of the gaskets I do have.  It’s one drawback is that it is pricey.
	Bob
	72 TR6