[TR] Any suggestions ?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Oct 31 23:21:05 MDT 2015

> New TR3 rebuild with new clutch lines, master cylinder and
> slave.  Silicone Dot-5 used throughout.  Clutch still "pumps up"

Do you mean it holds pressure all the time, or just that the pedal gets higher?

I'd try cracking the fitting loose at the MC outlet and see if that immediately changes the problem.  If it does, then it is a MC
problem and Tony is probably right about the pushrod being too long (or the stop being misadjusted).  (Another thing to check for
would be the pedal hanging up and not returning fully.)

If it is just the pedal height changing, though, without holding pressure in the system; then the slave is not returning fully.  The
spring is weak or the slave is binding.

When I installed a later TR6 gearbox, it moved the clutch slave rearward enough that the return spring was too long.  I had to
fabricate a tab to stretch the spring a bit farther to get the slave to return reliably under just spring force.

-- Randall