[TR] update - the mystery continues

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Oct 17 16:01:20 MDT 2015

> No valve seals on a TR3 engine.  Could be worn valve guides
> but in my experience those usually manifest themselves by
> allowing oil to seep into the cylinder when the engine is off
> and produce blue smoke briefly at start-up.

An exception might be if someone has fitted the external oil feed to the rocker shaft.  I installed one years ago on an engine with
badly worn guides, and it did indeed suck an incredible amount of oil past the intake guides.  I literally got a warning letter from
the CA equivalent of the EPA, due to excess smoke!

Randall