[TR] off topic question

Doug Mathews mathews at uga.edu
Sun Nov 22 15:32:29 MST 2015

I thought there were some "safeguards" for this. I checked our state
(GA) and they have some but there is the following:

    /Under the provisions of the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act of 2003
    (SCRA), formerly known as the Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief
    Act of 1940 (SSCRA), in some circumstances you will qualify for://
    //
    //A reduced interest rate on mortgage payments, credit card debt,
    auto and other loans;//
    //Protection from eviction, including your family members, if your
    monthly rent is $2,465 or less;//
    //Release from a home or motor vehicle lease;//
    //Delay of all civil court actions, including bankruptcy,
    foreclosure and divorce proceedings;//
    //The right to vote in your home state of record; and//
    //Protection from having to pay taxes in two different states.

    /

There  is more:

http://consumer.georgia.gov/consumer-topics/military-debt-relief

Doug