[TR] off topic question

Home Consolidated triumphs at consolidated.net
Sun Nov 22 15:05:47 MST 2015

Strictly off the cuff.

In Illinois we had (still have) a "Solider and Sailors Protection Act " that protects active duty service persons from civil process. It is somewhat toothless in that all it provided was a stay of proceedings and eventually the person would have face civil court but at least they could buy some time.

As far as the draft, we were usually subject to being called at age 19 so mortgages were unlikely it it was also unlikely that a person would have significant debt that early in life.

I think that, yeah, once you were conscripted you were pretty much screwed.

As much as I would personally oppose reinstatement of involuntary conscription, I think it is safe to say American foreign policy would be very different if we had a draft.

Kg

Sent from my iPad