[TR] Broken Windshield

Reihing, Randall S. Randall.Reihing at utoledo.edu
Thu Nov 19 16:47:33 MST 2015

Hi All, the news is good. ProSource Glass International, Andover, MA, 877-345-2800, has 10 Triumph TR3A clear windshields and 10 with a light green tint. The windshield has the proper arc or curvature, is laminated and has US DOT approval. Cost is $130.00 for the clear glass, $135 for the tinted, + $15.00 for packing and $42.00 for UPS shipping to Ohio. The windshield is manufactured in Ohio. Total cost for a correct replacement windshield is $192.00.

Jim's Specialty Glass, Toledo, Ohio, 419-865-8139, also has the clear, 1960, TR3A windshield glass and will install it for $287.00, total, including the glass which is also curved and laminated.

Both sources specialize in vintage and antique auto glass and maybe there are other less expensive sources but I am happy with either of these and have spoken on the telephone with both.

Those of you who follow ChefTush on YouTube with his extensively documented 1960 TR3A restoration - ProSource is the company he used for his new windshield.

I was not anticipating this expense but greatly relieved the glass is still available and a professional familiar with installation is affordable.

As I was informed by several list members that I was "screwed",  I am no longer "Screwed". Hopefully this will help other TR3 owners who need a new windshield.

Randall Reihing
1960 TR3A