[TR] TR3a Radiator Issues

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Nov 19 16:37:05 MST 2015

> 1.       Try and get it repaired?  Given it is original, how
> much real life is there?

It's been recored several times, but I'm still using the original frame & tanks from TS39781LO (now in TS13571L).  Probably close to
300k miles by now.

I did get tired of it leaking around where the extension joins the upper tank (overuse of stop leak is probably what led to the last
recore), so I had the shop add some reinforcement around the extension.  Just a length of 1/8" copper "refrigeration tubing" laid on
the joint and soldered on both sides (their idea, not mine).  It's worked great so far.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh260/TR3driver/TS13571L/DSCF0027_crop-1.jpg~original

-- Randall