[TR] Fuel Pressure for Spitfire MK III ?

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Mon Nov 16 12:12:41 MST 2015

What is the recommended and/or best fuel pressure for a Spitfire MK III with a single ZS carb? In checking it shows 4.5 -5 PSI on a gage. I try to keep it close to 2 PSI or less on my dual ZS equipped TR6 or it develops a cough at idle, so it makes me wonder if the fuel pump is overwhelming the float needles.

With the Spit (this is the road Spit not the race car) it idles fine but the first attempt to accelerate it bogs down then catches then bogs some more and so on. I’m going to switch the distributor out and the coil to see if my fuel problem is actually an ignition problem…you know that old saying.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)